About the submission center
How to know the details of my cards ?
Our submission form has been created to guide you through each step. Starting a submission and following the guides will often answer your questions.
However, if you want to submit a card for which you don't know the details (expansion for example), the best way is to do a search on a search engine or on specialized sites / forums.
How to submit a Special card (Stamped, Special Promo, Reprints, Carddass etc.) ?
I can't find my expansion in the lists
We strive to keep our database of sets up to date, only matching the cards we are able to certify.
- If you can't find your set using your set code, please look carefully in the drop-down lists: the code may sometimes differ from what is written on your card.
- In some cases, groupings are made (e.g. Pokémon Promos Card -> grouping by block), so make sure you enter the correct grouping.
If you still cannot find the set, we most likely can't certify that card.
In cases where:
- The expansion is recent and not yet available on the form: Please write to us on social networks so that our database administrators add it more quickly.
- The expansion cannot be found after a careful search, but the card seems important to you (high value for example), please send an email to email@example.com starting your subject with "Add a set to the form" and giving the details of your request. We will only process necessary requests.
What is the "Declared Value" ? How to determine it ?
For our purposes, the declared value of a card is defined as follows:
"The declared value is the estimated monetary value of the good on the market at the time of the order. It is expressed in euros and its determination can be based on the following:
-Recent sales on online sales platforms
-Average price of current ads on these platforms
-Recent prices during official auctions
-Expertise from reputable stores or regular collectors
-Current market interest rate for the card.
This value fluctuates but can be determined approximately by any internet user at any given time."
It is important that you take the time and use the resources at your disposal to correctly estimate the value of your cards. Indeed, this declared value will impact the following elements
- Grading fee
- Insurance in the CCC's warehouse.
- Insurance during transportation.
- Value taken into account for any future request made to CCC Grading.
CCC Grading asks you to establish a realistic, honest and researched estimate based on several sources.
Does the condition affect the Declared Value ?
Yes, the declared value depends on the condition of the card.
For example, a card in perfect visual condition with a value of 200€ could potentially have a value of 100€ if its condition was poor.
What happens if I declare a wrong value ?
It is your responsibility to enter the most accurate and realistic value because in case of a claim, this is the value that will be taken into account.
We apply a degree of tolerance and do not systematically penalize minor errors.
However, we can refuse your declared value in the following cases.
- If the declared value is found to be grossly underestimated, we may ask you for an additional payment to make up for any shortfall after reassessing the costs associated with the new value honestly estimated by CCC Grading.
A processing fee of 1€ per underestimated card will be applied.
- If the declared value is deemed grossly overestimated, we reserve the right to not certify the card and return the card with the order, refunding only the card certification fee. You will be notified of this and the insurance you have purchased will be readjusted to the value honestly estimated by CCC Grading. You will also be notified of this.
We may also accept the order and proceed to lower the declared value to our honest estimationn. You agree that these adjusted values will be the only ones considered for future claims (e.g., for reimbursement under the insurance policy). If you have paid an excess fee due to these overestimates, you will not be reimbursed for the difference.
My card is double-sided, which title should I enter ?
For MTG, Force of Will or DBZ Super cards, it may happen that your card also has another title on the back.
In this case, enter the title of the side that you think is the front side and select "Other specificity: Double-sided card" in the form. Our operators will enter the 2nd title during the verification process.
I made a mistake during submission and I ordered, what to do ?
Multiple errors can increase your processing time. If it is a typing error or an extension, our operators will correct it. If it is a significant error on the declared value, you may be charged a fee according to our Terms and conditions.
In any case, if you want to make sure that these errors have been correctly modified, we recommend that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject line "Error in the form - Order n° ####".
What are the average order processing times?
The processing time is counted from the receipt of your order at CCC until its shipment. It is therefore independent of transport time. Depending on the choice you made when you placed your order, the delay varies :
- Economy = processing within 25 working days.
- Express = processing in 7 to 10 working days.
- Super-Express = immediate processing in 1 to 3 working days.
What if the processing time is longer than expected?
If your processing time is longer than expected, don't panic, here is the procedure:
- Check the status of your order on the "My Account" page.
- If the status is still at the "paid" stage and it has been more than 14 days since you sent it, check to see if there was a problem with the carrier. We probably didn't receive it.
- If the status is at the "awaiting response" stage, check that CCC Grading has not sent you an email to clear up a situation (e.g., declared value found to be incorrect; multiple errors). The email could have been redirected to your junk box.
- If the status is at the "processed" stage, the package is in the hands of our carrier, a tracking number is available on your order, it will be delivered soon.
- If your order has a large quantity of cards, it may also take a little longer. Allow a few extra days for processing.
- If it is a particularly busy time of year (e.g. expansion release) and you have chosen economy processing, allow an extra week or two. We are likely to receive many priority orders (express and super-express processing) during these periods.
- If your order is still not shipped from our warehouse after the estimated processing time + 14 days, please contact us at email@example.com and specify in the beginning of your subject "Delayed processing - Order n° ####".
In order to avoid overloading the customer service, no request whose subject is to know the status of an order that is not overdue will be processed. This information can be found in your account area.
About the cards - In general
What TCGs do you grade ? Can I send Sports carrds ?
At the moment, we only grade the following cards:
- All expansions
- Pokémon Carddass & Topsun
- Magic The Gathering
- Dragon Ball
- DB Super
- DB Carddass - Modern & Vintage (see series on the submission center)
- DB Heroes & DBS Heroes
- CardFight Vanguard
- Harry Potter TCG
- One Piece Card Game
- Flesh & Blood
- Force of Will TCG
We are already working on adding future TCGs, but no announcements or information can be given in advance. The announcements will be made on our social networks. We do not respond to requests for new TCGs.
We do not certify Sports cards for the moment. On the long term, we plan to open a dedicated department, an announcement will be made in due time, on our social networks.
Which cards are rejected? What happens if I sent them?
The following cards will be rejected and returned, certification will be refunded, return postage deducted:
- Severely damaged cards (tears, mildew, heavy material deposit, added tape)
- Off-format cards (Jumbo / Oversize)
- Cards that do not belong to the original set or whose extensions are not listed in the submission center. Exceptions apply.
The following cards may be submitted but will not be sealed if they are found to be :
- Counterfeit & non-genuine cards
- Altered cards (attempt to paste/cut/colorize)
- Personalized or altered cards (drawings)
If we receive this type of card, the rate remains the same and is not refundable. Indeed, the work of handling, analysis and authentication is carried out in any case. It is often even more complex and tedious on this type of card.
My card has a printing error (Misprint), can I send it?
Yes, we accept « Misprints » of all types. Please specify, if possible, in the comment space of the order the description of the misprint. A special mention will be noted on your label. Excessive off-centering is considered Misprint.
We do not mention « Misprint » for cards with only a common text errata.
I am not sure of the authenticity of my card, can I send it?
Our role is to authenticate your cards, you are allowed to send us cards you are not sure about. If they are confirmed as "non-authentic", they will be refused and sent back without encapsulation.
In this case, the cost of the service remains the same and non-refundable. Indeed, the work of handling, analysis and authentication is done no matter what. It is often even more complex and tedious on this type of card.
About Yu-Gi-Oh special cards
I have a reprint (LOB, MRD, MRL/SRL etc.), what to do ?
During the verification process, we will check the years of printing of cards that have been "Reprinted", i.e. printed with the same code, on different occasions, over several years.
This applies in particular to the first 11 sets (2002-2004) released in English:
- Legend Of Blue Eyes-White Dragon (LOB)
- Metal Raiders (MRD)
- Magic Ruler & Spell Ruler (MRL / SRL)
- Pharaoh's Servant (PSV)
- Labyrinth Of Nightmare (LON)
- Legacy Of Darkness (LOD)
- Pharaonic Guardian (PGD)
- Magician's Force (MFC)
- Dark Crisis (DCR)
- Invasion Of Chaos (IOC)
- Ancient Sanctuary (AST)
When you enter your card into the submission center, it doesn't matter which year you choose : you can choose the year you think is right, or just choose the main expansion. In any case, we will check the year of printing and modify with the corresponding year.
My card doesn't have a code (first Japanese sets), what to do ?
If you have a Yu-Gi-Oh card that does not have a code, please enter "NO CODE" in the "Expansion Code" field.
How to submit Bandai cards (1998-1999) ?
For Yu-Gi-Oh, the Bandai cards are available by entering the code "NO CODE".
The 1st Generation is composed of cards n°1 to 42.
The 2nd Generation is composed of cards n°43 to 88.
The 3rd Generation is composed of cards n°89 to 118.
We also grade the Bandai Sealdass cards.
About Pokémon special cards
How to enter a "Special" card (e.g. Unnumbered Jap Promo, card with a Stamp etc.) ?
English and european cards
If your card has a "Stamp" : distinctive visual element / logo
Select the original card set, then specify which "Stamp" it is in the "Other specific element" field.
-Pikachu "Stamped" Poketour 1999 obtained as a promo during the Poketour convention in Australia :
Category = "Original (1999-2000)"; Set = "Base Set" ; Other specific element = "Stamp - Tournaments / Championships / Conventions"
-Deoxys "Stamped" sortie à l'occasion du film Destiny Deoxys :
Category = "EX (2003-2007)"; Set = "Ex Deoxys" ; Other specific element = "Stamp - Movie logos"
Special case :
-Reprint expansions (Celebrations, Evolutions etc.) :
Please select the reprint expansion directly, not the original set of the card. This also applies to Gold Metal cards from Celebrations.
If you can't find the extension associated with your promo card (e.g. Promo Cards without the "Black Star" symbol etc.)
Select "Other Promo - not found in the list"
"Special" promo cards : Championships / Tournaments / Unnumbered (no number) / No icon
In the expansion / set menu, select "Special Promo" which is in the "Others" category. We will write down the cards specifics.
If your card has a "Stamp"
Follow the same procedure as for the French & English cards. It is explained above.
How to submit a Bandai Carddass card ?
We grade these Bandai Carddass sets :
- Monsters Collection (1996)
- Pocket Monsters (1997)
- Anime Collection (1998-2000)
These sets are available in Japanese language, in the category "Others".
For the Anime Collection cards, we will indicate the "Part" (among the 11) on the label.
About MTG special cards
How to enter a "Special" card (Promo card etc.) ?
Promo cards / "Stamped" / "Date-stamped"
- First look for the set associated with the event/promotion, then if it exists, select it and check "Promo".
- If the promo is directly linked to a set (Pre-Release for example), select the associated set, then check "Promo".
- If you don't find any set associated with your promo card, select "Other Promo - not found in the list", then check "Promo" and provide more details in the comment section.
How to enter a "Reprint" (The List, Mystery Booster etc.) ?
- If your reprint has a unique and dedicated expansion code, enter it directly.
- To enter a reprint whose code is not appropriate for the extension in which it is released:
Enter the code "LIST" directly in the Expansion Code field. Enter the first year the card was reprinted in The List.
Enter the code "MB1" directly into the Expansion Code field, whether your card is a Retail or Convention Edition.
"Heads I win, Tails you lose" Commander Deck (Secret Lair Drop)
Enter the code "PHED" directly in the Expansion Code field. We will edit the date if necessary
About Dragon Ball special cards
How to enter a "Special" card (Stamped card) ?
Promo "Stamped" card
- Select the Pre-Release (or Draft Stamp) Set directly in the "Set" field
How to enter a "Reprint" (Mythic Booster etc.) ?
To enter a reprint whose code is not appropriate for the extension in which it is released:
Mythic Booster / Theme Selection (Goku, Vegeta etc.)
Enter the card code directly into the Set Code field, then select the reprinted Set.
How to submit a BANDAI Carddass / AMADA PP Card ?
To submit a Dragon Ball Vintage (or Carddass Modern) card
- Select the language (Japanese or French)
- Choose the code corresponding to the series: BANDAI or AMADA.
- Select the category corresponding to your card.
- We then take care of determining the "Part" from which your card is from.
If you choose "1988 - 1997 Carddass Hondan (JPN)", the label may contain "Carddass Hondan Part. 15 - 1993".
How to determine (HK) or (JPN) ?
For Hondan & Super Battle:
If your card is a Japanese edition (JPN), the copyright on the back will be in Japanese characters.
If it is a Hong Kong (HK) edition, the copyright will be in Latin characters.
For Visual Adventure:
The golden sticker that allows to determine JPN (Golden and hollowed) or HK (Shenron = not golden).
About shipment / transportation / hand-delivery
How to send my cards ?
Once the order is placed, you must send your cards properly protected with your printed summary via any national carrier service (non-national carriers like DHL or UPS won't be able to deliver in our Post office box) to the following address :
CCC - Service Reception
We recommend that you send your cards with a signature + compensation in case of loss. A tracking letter is rarely sufficient.
To consult the detailed shipping guide, go to the page: Shipping Guide.
What happens if my carrier loses my package/envelope?
When sending your cards, you are responsible for the transportation of your item and its security. National carriers offers compensation options depending on the value of the item. We recommend that you choose a shipment with delivery against signature to ensure that the package arrives safely.
For the return of your graded cards, we necessarily insure the parcels and request a signature upon delivery. Should a loss occur, we will reimburse you up to the amount of the transport insurance you opted for.
I don't have any protection, can I send my cards? If so, how do I package them?
It is strongly not recommended to send your cards without a sleeve or rigid protection. If the card appears to be damaged due to poor packaging, we reserve the right to return your cards in their entirety. We will only refund the certification fee in this situation.
The ideal protection is to insert the card in a sleeve, which is itself contained in a semi-rigid protection (or toploader). If you don't have one, a file folder, a rigid protection (cardboard) and bubble wrap are the minimum required. For more information, consult the shipping guide.
How does the hand delivery work?
For orders with a total declared value of more than 500€, we offer a free deposit and pick-up. Select this option when placing your order.
Deposit and pick-up are only available to customers who can physically come to the address located in PARIS (75014), France.
1. Print out the hand-delivery proof of delivery form.
2. An appointment will be proposed to you at the email address or on the telephone number communicated at the time of your order. The exact address will be communicated to you.
3. Show up for the appointment at the time indicated with your deposit sheet. A delay may result in a postponement of the appointment.
If there is any problem with the hand delivery, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in your subject "Hand delivery - Order n° ####".
How do the experts grade the cards?
All of our experts have several years of experience in TCG, have validated verification tests and have been trained in our grading system.
Professional magnifying glasses are used in conjunction with an analysis lamp to view defects in detail.
CCC Grading developed custom centering grids for each game and adapted to our scale. They are provided to all our operators. For example, the centering grid for Pokémon GX cards is different from Pokémon Wizards etc.
We use the GradeReport™ to justify the grade accurately and to provide you with many details about your grade.
My card is extremely off-centered, will I get a "0"?
According to our system, the lowest score for centering is 7.
If the card is abnormally off-centered, it will be marked as "Off-Centered" and the grade will not take into account the centering at all because it will be considered "Abnormal". The grading will be based on the 3 other criteria.
Thus, a very off-center card will have a 7 in centering while an "Off-centered" Misprint could have a 10 with the OC mention.
For more details, consult the CCC Grading System.
Does CCC take common printing defects (e.g print lines) into account in the grading ?
We have chosen to take into account the various printing defects present on new cards, such as :
- Print lines (especially on Yu-Gi-Oh Ghosts cards)
- Silvering (Pokémon Amazing cards)
- Damaged factory corners for Yu-Gi-Oh
This allows us to maintain a consistent and regular grading scale.
Don't worry, this kind of defect often decreases the score of one of the four criteria by 0.5 to 2 points, the final score will not be bad if the card is otherwise mint.
Although this is another subject, misprints are special cases that are graded differently with an indication on the label. The final grade does not take the faulty criterion into account at all.
My card is curved (warped), will it be taken into account ?
No, the curvature of the cards is one of the few criteria that we do not penalize, as long as it does not look like a fold.
Indeed, the card will be held flat in the case forever, the defect will never be visible.
How does CCC grade "Inked" cards ?
There are 3 cases:
- The card has some ink in a hidden spot or in a location that shows intent to hide a defect
If the expert considers that the ink is located in a place where a defect can be found or that it seems to be hidden (edges / borders / similar color etc.), the card will automatically be noted "A" with the following two mentions:
- "Altered (Intention.)"
- The card has ink in a location that does NOT show intent to hide a defect
If, in the expert's opinion, the ink is located in a location that is not confusing and appears to be unintentional (e.g., a light pen stroke over an area with good contrast), the card will be graded normally with the following notation:
Please note that ink damage is considered strong damage. Therefore, depending on the intensity of the ink damage, the surface grade of the card will likely be low.
- The card has ink in the form of inscriptions or distinctive elements (writings / drawings etc.).
The card will be returned without encapsulation with a GradeReportt. This service remains at the same price and cannot be refunded.
About the slab and the welding process
What type of slab is used by CCC Grading?
CCC Grading uses custom-designed slabs from our French partner company. The cases are thin, extremely transparent, robust and without colored reflections. The case is suitable for all card formats. The card is held in place by custom-made bars (even for the Yu-Gi-Oh format).
For detailed information about our slabs, please visit the CCC slab page.
Which label is used by CCC Grading?
We use high quality labels made in France with a matte coating and a distinctive thickness.
The security of the labels is ensured by :
- A UV ink in the shape of our logo
- A distinctive holographic zone marked with our logo
- Specific markings in transparent varnish
To see the visual of our labels, consult the page of our Certification service.
How are the cards secured in CCC premises?
The cards are stored securely in cabinets under video surveillance. The grading room as well as the receiving and opening area of the packages are also under video surveillance. This also allows us to prove possible transport damage when opening damaged packages.
About the company / International
In which countries does CCC Grading operate?
CCC Grading accepts all International submissions. Shipping costs vary and will be visible when you place your order. If you do not see a shipping method, CCC does not ship to your country.
How to send cards from a country located outside EU ? How do customs work ?
We have made a Shipping Guide specifically for non-EU customers that explains how to prepare your customs documents.
Find it here: International Shipping Guide.
Who are CCC grading experts ?
CCC Grading experts are all TCGs (Trading Card Games) enthusiasts.
They all have years of experience in the game they are grading and a thorough knowledge of all elements of the game related to collecting and printing.
These criteria also apply to all future experts we recruit.
The work of authentication/verification is more complex than that of a grader, as it requires a thorough knowledge of the culture of the game in question and its history. This is what we focus on: all our experts are extremely qualified with the history of printed cards - special editions / misprints / "reprints" / specificities etc.
It is interesting to know that the title "expert" is proved by :
- the quality we provide
- the consistency and quality of the grades given
- the reputation of the company
- our transparency
There is no official state diploma for this profession yet: our goal is to have our profession recognized at this level in the long term.
In April 2022, our 4 authentication / grading experts are divided into the following areas of expertise:
- Expert n°1
- Pokémon (all languages)
- Yu-Gi-Oh (all languages)
- Magic The Gathering (all languages)
- Expert n°2
- Pokémon (FR & EN)
- Yu-Gi-Oh (FR & EN)
- Force of Will
- Expert n°3
- Pokémon (all languages - JP special)
- Yu-Gi-Oh (all languages)
- Magic The Gathering
- Expert n°4
- Pokémon (all languages - JP special)
- Yu-Gi-Oh (all languages)
How long has CCC Grading been around?
CCC Grading was created in January 2021 to meet the need for a credible, transparent and high-end French organization in the card authentication and grading industry.
After more than a year of Research & Development on the products, improvement of processes, equipment, logistics and strategy, the company is made public in April 2022.
To know everything about CCC, go to the page Our values.
I want to join the CCC Grading team, how do I go about it?
Our recruitment period for the year 2022 will be announced on social networks. The next jobs for which recruitment will be open are :
- Expert in card authentication & grading.
- Checking & order picker.